A fall day

Yesterday was the perfect fall afternoon...the ground was covered in leaves, and the air was cold at first but felt crisp and refreshing after moving around a little bit. Ruby loved it too:



She's so patiently standing next to the statue that stands in our front lawn:

Isn't she neat? I've always thought so. When I used to live a couple streets over, I'd drive by this statue (and her friend who got knocked over a couple years back) and think how wonderful it would be to live in a place with statues in the front yard. Maybe this year we'll actually get something other than cold rain here and this whole place will be covered in a thick blanket of snow.


Wouldn't that be pretty?! All the bushes around the front door would look like giant marshmallows :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

for a second i thought you lived in a mansion. that's a cool apartment building.

-h

Libby said...

Haha, hardly...more like a 1 bedroom apartment with 1 tiny closet. But hey...at least it has charm!! :)

betsy said...

Hey Libby -

Can't ever shake the feeling of stalking when I stumble upon the blog of someone I kinda know and devour the whole thing in like 2 seconds.

You have a great blog! Keep the pics of Ruby coming. I too am an avid dog lover (and no offense to jeanette but I think the Ruby's Love painting would be really tough). Start with a self portrait; just a hang a mirror by your canvas. It's the perfect first-painting-in-9-years for more reasons than one.

Libby said...

That's a really good idea, Betsy! Especially since that painting I did 9 years ago was a self portrait. I've changed pretty drastically since then, so a new one could be really interesting.

Lollie Lane said...

oooh..the internet is just such a great place. My sis and libby are COMMENTING together!

Libby said...

Technology rocks :)