It's official...

...I'm in the spirit :)

You know who else is in the spirit?

I'm not sure what came over me this weekend. I've never put up a tree, I've never bought ornaments, and after the age of 16, I pretty much dreaded December every year. But not this year. I don't know why exactly, but I'm going with it. I spent the whole weekend doing all sorts of fun stuff...getting a tree for the first time, making popcorn garland (which takes forever but is well worth the effort), sticking oranges with cloves so the house smells good, making paper snowflakes...the whole nine yards.


I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, but I just couldn't help myself. All I have left to get is some stockings that aren't ugly, and believe me, that's not easy to find.

Also, I found another great recipe:

Yes, this picture is sideways, but for the life of me I can't fix it. Anyway, this is Martha Stewart's black bean and corn stew, and its not only easy, cheap, AND delicious, but its also healthy. Well, it could be healthier without the sour cream and cheese, but still. So many vegetarian recipes I find that don't call for a million expensive ingredients consist of massive amounts of cheese and pasta, so a little dollop of sour cream doesn't concern me.

One more exciting thing to report - it snowed today!! It wasn't much and only lasted about 15 minutes, but it was still the first snow of the season and it was so pretty, and I hope to see allot more of it during the next 3 months.

Only 2 more days 'till Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hey, your photographs have put me in the mood too!
I wish you a happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas.

alison said...

Who are you and what have you done with my best friend? LOL! Love you!

jeannette said...

pretty christmas stuff!!!