Quiet Thursday morning

Good morning! Today is Thursday, and I'm feeling pretty chipper. The work week is almost over, and there are rumors of a big winter storm that's supposed to hit this weekend, so I'm excited. On Saturday, I'm going to the grocery store to stock up (and because the only thing in our fridge right now is sour cream, 1 tortilla, and 4 pieces of stale bread), and then I'm hoping for buckets and buckets of snow and ice so Seth and I can camp out on the couch and watch movies and drink hot chocolate and cuddle with Ruby.

There's not a whole lot going on in my life these days...no major milestones or changes or drama. It's nice. Things haven't felt this calm in, well, years. Seems like there's always something going on, good or bad, and those times are exciting for sure. But it's nice to just coast for a bit. I know it won't last forever, and I'm trying my hardest to enjoy it instead of anticipating what is going to happen next to shake things up.

So that's what I did on Monday - enjoyed the calm - by painting for 3 hours. 3 HOURS!! It was great...I turned on the record player and listened to my new Sound of Music record, and then the Outkast record that Seth gave me for Valentines Day a few years back. What a great album.



Anyway, I just painted and painted, and it felt GOOD. Allot better than sitting on the couch and watching episode after episode of Trading Spaces. Plus, every time I turned to look behind me, this is what I saw:



It was like she was watching me work, haha :) She's just so sweet. I feel like she gets sweeter every day (except for the days she rolls in deer poop while we're visiting my family on Christmas).

And finally, one more piece of news. Seth got a new haircut!!



Isn't it CUTE? I love it. I think he's such a fox. Mmm mmm :)



Until next time!

4 comments:

Lollie Lane said...

Tell your man that is ONE foxy haircut!

Libby said...

I know, right?! :)

alison said...

I LOVE Seth's haircut!!!

Also, so glad you've been painting.

Anonymous said...

um...when's the next post? :)

h