Random thoughts

I haven't been feeling very into my blog lately, and it just occurred to me that I haven't been using it for what I meant it for...a place to stash my random thoughts. I've been posting lots of pictures, which is fun for sure, but that's about it, and I'm getting tired of it. And really, ever since I got the digital camera, I think I've been going overboard on the picture taking in general. Since I got the camera, I have documented every significant and insignificant moment in my life and, as Sammy said in Reality Bites, "I just do not understand why this moment needs to be Memorexed."* A friend of mine came into town for 2 days, and I took 132 pictures during that time. I think that's over the top. Anyway, some random thoughts I've been pondering lately:

1. Its winter, and I'm feeling laaaaaazy. It hasn't really been that cold, but its been dreary, and more than that, I'm just worn out. Christmas was such a huge ordeal this year, and I ran myself ragged trying to get things done. Now that the holidays have finally passed, I'm just over it. I'm over talking to people, I'm over errands, I'm over any kind of schedule or agenda all together. As a result, all I want to do these days is put on my grannie nightgown, curl up on the couch under my big feather blanket, and watch the box. I know this isn't the best use of time and I should probably force myself to get some exercise or something, but part of me wonders if I should give into this lazy period and just go with it. Would it really be so bad to be in pjs and watch tv and oversleep for a couple months? Bears do it (the oversleeping, anyway)...why can't I?

2. Two things have really freaked me out about our country and our culture lately: a) watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve and seeing the "artists" who performed, and b) Saddam Hussein's execution and the video of it being "leaked" online. I feel like all the new "music" these days is all fluff and image and no substance or talent (Gwen Stefani's "Wind it Up" anyone?), and the execution....well, the whole thing is just sick. It makes me sick.

3. Movies I've seen recently (and my recommendations/warnings against):

*** A Scanner Darkly - Wacky, and I wouldn't watch it again, but definitely different from anything I've ever seen. Its worth a view if you're looking for something unique (3 stars).
**** Little Miss Sunshine - Good movie, likeable characters, very fun to watch, but not as great as I expected it to be. Definitely worth a rental (4 stars).
***** Batman Begins - This is a really great movie. I love the old ones because they're fun and comicbook-y, but this one is good because its just well done and well written and clever. I highly recommend it (5 stars).

That's all for now. But expect more posts like this. Unless you find this dull or self-indulgent (but really, aren't all blogs in a way?), and in that case please tell me so I can avoid this in the future.

PS. If you're like me and need visual stimulation to stay interested, here's some recent pictures from the Lost Sea Adventure and bowling. Enjoy!




5 comments:

Ryan said...

"A friend of mine came into town for 2 days"

what you can't even mention my name???

Libby said...

BeCAUSE. You told me it was a secret! I was trying to be sneaky ;)

Ryan said...

hahahah, but it's not sneaky to post my PICTURE???

i miss you bunches.

Libby said...

I didn't mention WHEN the pictures were taken...but you just did :)

I miss you bunches, too.
MOVE. BACK.

Anonymous said...

i liked this post. and i loved little miss sunshine.

that's all i've got for ya.