Change of plans

This past Friday, Seth and I planned to go to Florida to visit my sister...I was so excited about seeing her and my brother-in-law and their kids, not to mention it was going to be a much-needed getaway to the beach. Instead, I got sick, the trip was cancelled, and I spent the whole weekend on the couch. To state the obvious, I was pretty bummed. More than bummed, actually. I don't deal well with visits being cancelled...regardless if I'm the one visiting or being visited. Once I caught sight of the big picture and realized that it wasn't the end of the world and we can still go to Florida in a couple weeks, it wasn't so bad after all. I watched allot of TV (which is a whole other topic....I think I need to cut back), got over my sickness in allot less time than usual, and even had some fun :)

Have you ever played Rummikub? GREAT game. In high school, my friends and I used to go to our favorite coffee shop (JJ's) all the time and play Rummikub for hours and hours. Seems like I can never get anyone to play with me anymore, but after a little badgering, Seth finally agreed to play. Sitting in the sun, listening to records, and playing my favorite game...not too shabby for a Sunday afternoon...


1 comment:

Toni Jill said...

Hey Libby! Sorry about the cancelled trip. I hate it when things like that happen - I just don't like change in general! Glad you are feeling better and back to the grind I am sure. Have a great morning! ~Toni Jill