Easy project

Remember when I came home with lots of treasures from a good day of thrifting, and one of the things was a record of Hawaiian music with an awesome cover? Well, turns out, the cover was the only thing awesome about it. The record itself was completely scratched up (I have got to learn to pull records out of their sleeves before I buy them), and the little music that I could make out didn't sound too good. So, I made a box out it!



It took about an hour, and now I've got this cute box to keep all of my little office-y knick knacks in. You know, all my page flags, my post-it notes, my tape, my binder clips. Have I mentioned that I love office supplies? Love them. I don't know how anyone gets along without them. Here are the instructions if you want to make one, too (if you click on the picture, it should be big enough to read the text):



Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'm gonna go try to block out the bad country music that my upstairs neighbor is blaring. Ruby is not a fan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious. ruby looks really pissed. i'd be too.

how crafty you are! i made patrick a valentine's day card... like i really made it... it looked it belonged along the wall of a elementary school cafeteria (no, there was no bright blue handprint). but your box looks great!

jeannieo said...

hey, i took your advice and made a blog: http://jeannieo.blogspot.com. it's pretty boring right now, but i'll jazz it up i promise.

love the box. love office supplies. i can't wait to get my new place all set up so you guys can come and see it!

Toni Jill said...

Libby, Totally impressed with the box - wish I had the time. Off now to help a screaming baby! New post today on my blog - with some pictures of the weekend snow. Check it out if you have time!

Always, Toni Jill

Toni Jill said...

Sorry about the no-snow in K-town! I used to live in Jefferson City, went to Carson-Newman and then taught in Jeff. Co. for 3 years before we moved back home to VA. Yea, the lack of snow there is really depressing! Today, it's 45 and terribly dreary so that stinks too. Oh well - on to more important things like changing diapers and making bottles. Have a terrific Tuesday!