The patterns

I've been thinking about painting some sort of design on the front of this green dresser for awhile now, but I haven't yet because a) I'm a notorious procrastinator, and b) I can't settle on the design/pattern I want to use. So yesterday I spent allot of time looking for patterns online, and man - I LOVE patterns. I can't get enough of them. For awhile I even planned on being a professional wallpaper/fabric designer, but, like so many of my fun career ideas, it fizzled out. Not because I don't think that would be an amazing way to make a living, but because I couldn't figure out how to make it happen so I gave up (lame). So after looking online for an hour or so, I realized that I have patterns everywhere in my daily life, so why not look to those for some inspiration?



Wow. There's allot of pattern around our little apartment.


It was so much fun to run around and search out the pattern and take pictures of the treasure I found. Allot of it was obvious...the zebra rug, Ruby's bed, the checkered floor.


But then I found it in unexpected places, too. Like my water cup!




I took so many more pictures, but there were just too many to fit in one post. I may have already included too many, but I just couldn't resist.




So pretty.
Just one thing...I still haven't figured out what to paint on that green dresser. So indecisive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lollie Lane said...

Love all the patterns! I honestly like your dresser the way it is..just plain ole kelly green. Maybe you could sand it a little to give it a more distressed look?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the dresser. I like the plain look or like Stac suggested the distressed look. Of all the patterns I love LOVE the photo of your water cup.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

what about a floral pattern? this could be a very bad idea. i'm not stylish or art-inclined. i like the pictures though.

h

jeannieo said...

I think you should decoupage it. I don't know with what, but something cool. Perhaps from a design mag?