The small things

Apparently, I am addicted to my Sundays on the couch with Seth.



Yesterday was the Superbowl, but for the first time in years, I didn't watch it. Not because I'm anti-football or anything, but because I really didn't care about either of the teams playing (Colts v. Bears), and I had the opportunity to hang out with 3 pals for a "girl's night" instead. It was so much fun, and the 4 of us managed to polish off almost all of the amazing food that Stacy had scattered around the house...burritos stuffed with things like saffron rice, pineapple and black beans, fancy cheeses and grapes, hummus and pita, apples with Nutella (YUM), pumpkin soup, cupcakes, two kinds of chips. It was quite the spread, and so delicious!

I don't regret skipping the Superbowl. I really needed a night to hang out with the gals. The only thing that threw me off a bit this morning was that I didn't get the laid back day on the couch with Seth that I normally do. Routine is more important to me than I'd usually care to admit, and that time on Sundays recharges me and prepares me for another week in the cube. Tonight my parents drove 3 hours just to have dinner and hang out with us for the night (how sweet is that?!), so the couch had to wait. But you better believe that when tomorrow night rolls around, I'll be on the couch in my flannels by 5:30 :)



I swear they get cuter all the time.

2 comments:

Lollie Lane said...

They are so. cute.
I swear, your Mom could be an Oil of Olay model.

Anonymous said...

You're parents are a very cute couple. And I'm certain they would drive 10 hours just to have dinner with you and Seth. You worth every mile and more!
Rebecca