Sans meat

On Saturday, Stacy and I spent a couple of hours at Barnes & Nobles and I got my first vegetarian cookbooks: The Starving Students' Vegetarian Cookbook and Vegetarian Meals. I can't believe I waited so long to get these! All this time I've been digging through regular cookbooks to find the handful of meatless recipes (which were almost always just a bunch of pasta and cheese), and now I have two books full of meals I can actually make! I don't know why I was making it so hard on myself before. So tonight, thanks to my new books, I threw together a delicious dinner - fettuccine with tomato cream sauce and peas - in about 15 minutes:



1. Boil 1 box of fettuccine.
2. In a saucepan, combine 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can of pre-seasoned (basil, garlic & oregano) diced tomatoes, & 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream - cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Put about 3/4 bag of frozen peas in a colander, then drain the pasta on top of the peas (this cooks the peas quickly).
4. Mix everything together, and voila! Delicious dinner, just like that.

It was really good, and now I'm fat & happy and ready to relax for the rest of the night. Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks Scrumptious!!!!
And I'm so excited to hear more about Seth's band.
Rebecca

Lollie Lane said...

Glad they're working out for you!! I'm still secretly sad I gave you those melimac dishes. :(

betsy said...

Libby I love this blog for many different reasons!

I am so horrible about posting using blogspot, but I love yours and sis's...