Maybe I shouldn't read books in the cafeteria on my lunch break anymore.

There I was today, reading the last couple chapters and completely lost in another world...and consequently fighting to keep it together. Every couple sentences, a wave of tears washed over me and I had to stop reading and take a deep breath. Then, as if that wasn't enough, I looked up and saw the most adorable old man walking with a cane and wearing Chuck Taylor's and the sweetest little grin...that's when the real wave came on. I started thinking about my parents getting older, but that got too overwhelming, so I forced myself to think about how that old man used to be young. At one point he was 28 years old, and 14, and even a baby! That blows my mind every time.

Shew. This all may be too heavy to think about on a Friday afternoon. I don't know when I got so emotional...it takes almost nothing for me to feel that wave. You know that cheesy You-Just-Got-Kicked-Off-And-We're-Going-To-Make-You-Feel-Even-Worse video montage they make the loser watch on American Idol after they get voted off? Makes me tear up every time. Even if I can't stand the contestant and have wanted him/her gone for weeks...it just makes me feel so sad for them. And then, evil Ryan Seacrest makes them sing one more time, and they're up there, trying to get the words of "Turn the Beat Around" out while they're choking on their tears. Pitiful.

Now that I've typed all that out, it seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to tear up over. The people at Fox are just mean. But anyway, the point is - I'm allot more emotional than I used to be, but I'm really kind of glad. It can definitely be embarrassing when I'm wiping away the tears during an episode of The O.C. (yes, it's happened, and on more than one occasion), but I think overall it's good because maybe before I had too many walls up to let that happen. Or maybe I'm just turning into a basket case, who knows :)

Okay, well...enough of all that. Need to lighten the mood, and what better way to do that than post a couple of sweet pictures of my gal, Ruby.


When she's really tired, her tongue hangs out when she sleeps. Cutest. Thing. Ever.


After a long walk with her dad...hot, exhausted, and happy.

Much better. I guess that's about it for now. I'm so excited for the weekend! No big plans...it's just gonna be great to be free of the cube and dress clothes and spreadsheets for a couple days.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and Happy Friday the 13th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word about being sympathetic and emotional: pisces. :) love it!

h

Ryan said...

what book were you reading?

Libby said...

The book was: Until the Real Thing Comes Along, by Elizabeth Berg

(But don't even bother reading the description on amazon.com...makes it sound horrible)

Lollie Lane said...

I love E.B. And I love when Ruby sleeps with her tongue out! :) Can't wait for Nama this week.