Glad its over



What a week this has been. Saturday I got hit hard by the bug that's been going around so I spent most of the week on the couch. I have never experienced sinus pain like that! By Wednesday though, I finally started feeling better (although I sure didn't sound like it - I completely lost my voice), and it was great to turn off the TV and be able to do things again. I spent all evening Wednesday and Thursday working on some really fun projects, and I finished another tiny painting! So exciting. I'll post a picture of it soon. You know, there's nothing like being trapped on the couch to make you appreciate how good it feels to be productive.

The top 3 things that I know are bad for me but are a constant struggle are not exercising, eating junk, and watching too much TV. I'll go through periods of making the right choices in these areas, but it never lasts long. A great example: About 6 years ago I had a revelation and decided that I had put off exercising long enough and it was time to get serious about it. So I bought a 1-year membership this gym:
Notice the huge, veiny arm holding a bar-bell sticking out of the building and the slogan "Get big" under the name, haha. Anyway, I fully intended to make a change and get healthy. Do you know how many times I went to that gym? 3 times. Yep.

Why am I rambling about all this? Because I've recently "seen the light" about watching too much television. One of my must-see shows is going off the air next week (r.i.p. Gilmore Girls, sniff sniff), and I realized today that that leaves me with only 2 shows left on my list: The Office and ER. I think that's the shortest my list has ever been, and I couldn't be happier. When I was working on my projects the past couple nights, I felt so much more content and happy than I do when I zone out in front of the box for 4 hours at a time. And I really hope that this new attitude towards TV sticks this time, because life is short and I don't want to spend it watching fake people's lives instead of living my own.

Shew. Okay enough about the perils of television. One last thing I have to mention...

I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews, and they are all really wonderful and smart and perfect ;) So today I have to brag about my niece, Hallie. She's 6 years old (almost 7) and writing a trilogy! Check out the first 2 books here. She wrote and illustrated them all by herself! I'm so proud.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

alison said...

Oh my gosh - cutest thing ever. Hallie is so cute!

Toni Jill said...

I too and sniffling (well sobbing actually) about the Gilmore girls and my list shortens to just House. Hallie is a cutie and I am so impressed with her trilogy! That's awesome! Have a great Sunday!

Lollie Lane said...

That gym looks like it is BRIMMING with testosterone. I think it's probably a good thing you only went 3 times. You may have started growing stubble if you went regularly

jeannieo said...

I can't believe it's over tonight!!!