Memorial Day weekend

Ahhhhh. What a good Memorial Day weekend. I didn't go on a trip or do anything out of the ordinary....just did lots of little things that, put together, were a good use of a 3 day weekend. The best thing of all was having 2 days free of tomorrow-I-have-to-go-back-to-work dread instead of just 1. And even though I have to go back tomorrow, I kind of feel okay about it because I had enough weekend for once. Is there a petition somewhere out there to make weekends 3 days instead of 2? I want to sign it immediately.

1. I did something I've wanted to do for a long time now but never got around to it -- I organized my bookcase by color. I wish I could take credit for such a great idea, but I can't (I've seen it in a magazine and in a couple blogs). But I think its just such a great idea, and I'm glad I finally did it! Its such a simple change, but I think it makes a huge difference and I'm thrilled with the result.



2. I had lots of good time with my main squeeze. We had a big meal at Olive Garden on Friday for free, thanks to my Mom and Dad. Then we went to our first Smokies game of the year on Saturday, and did it up right -- peanuts, nachos, a hot dog for me, cheap beer -- the whole nine yards. We had a ball (haha), and the Smokies won! I wish I had pictures of it, but the batteries in the camera were dead so we didn't take it with us. On Sunday, we had a Lord of the Rings marathon and had a junk food buffet. I think I'll be okay to never eat another cheese puff for the rest of my life :)

3. Today I got to lounge by the pool with Stacy and read magazines, people watch, and get some sun. It was my first time at the pool this year and it felt great. Then I came home, turned on some oldies music, and cooked up one my favorite things to cook - Zucchini Ankara.



I've probably made it 10 times before, but this time I made couscous with it for the first time, and that made it extra good. Or maybe it just tasted so good because it was the first healthy thing I'd eaten all weekend.



Deeeeelish. Well, I still have about 3 hours left of my weekend, so I'm gonna get off of this computer and enjoy it. Later!

4 comments:

jeannieo said...

Love the bookcase! I'm gonna totally steal that idea!

Anonymous said...

your book case looks really cool. i always wonder why my pictures look so bad and yours look so great, and then i remember you're an artist and a professional! i love your pictures! :)

hinaustin

jeannieo said...

hey, here's a link to that recipe I was telling you about: http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/chicken_vegetable_saute.html
You could totally use tofu the same way so it'd be all veggie for Seth :)

Lollie Lane said...

books look great! I may have to steal that idea too!