Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Its fixed! Our internet, cable, and phone are finally FIXED!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe it finally happened. I was beginning to think it never would. What a crazy 19 days this has been. Allot has happened, and I'm not sure where to start. So I guess I'll start with the cutest thing...

1. Ruby went to her very first baseball game!!! The Tennessee Smokies hosts a Dog Days of Summer every year, and Ruby had a ball (haha). Really though, she was so well behaved, and it made the game allot more fun for me too. She makes a great pillow :)

2. My office had a Wear Your Craziest Hat Contest (seriously):

For everyone who watches The Office and thinks its an exaggerated portrayal of office life, I'm here to tell you that its not. Offices are weird, weird places.

3. For Father's Day, Seth and I headed east to hang out with his dad and 2 grandpas. Grandpa G. met Ruby for the first time and loved her (of course):

And Grandpa M. made us all laugh, as always:

4. My parents finally got a puppy! Her name is Charity and she's super cute and little.

5. I went to Nashville for Flugtag, and it was a blast! Its a Red Bull event where teams build their own flying machines ("Red Bull gives you wings" ... get it?) and fly them off a platform into the river. If you look closely in this picture (click on it to enlarge), you can see the Batman Building, Rubik's Revenge, and Soaring Gonzalez (the big yellow sombrero):



The star of the show was the Rocky Top Rocket - they set a new North American record by flying 155 feet! Check out the video on their website, its awesome and it'll give you a better idea of what Flugtag is. After Flugtag, we did something I've never done before in Nashville - went Honky Tonkin'!




To be honest, I'm not a fan of country music and the idea of honky tonkin' really didn't appeal to me. But trust me, its a blast. Next time you're in Nashville, head on over to Robert's Western World, Wildhorse Saloon, and Paradise Park Trailer Resort. You won't be sorry :)
Sorry to go back to this again, but I just can't express how relieved I am that Richard (aka The Best Comcast Tech Ever) came over today and fixed everything. And I hope to never mention the C word on this blog ever again.
Happy Thursday, everyone!

3 comments:

jeannieo said...

so relieved! looks like things have been eventful! Ruby is soooo cute.

Lollie Lane said...

Your UO shirt looks awesome!

jeannieo said...

Yeah, the garden is still intact, for now. I had a little problem with tomato worms last week...maybe they'll actually grow tall enough to produce tomatoes, who knows?