ood bye & ood luck



After more than a month of careful consideration, I finally bit the bullet and invested in some new Birkenstocks. And I couldn't be happier! They'll last forever, they fit great, but most importantly, they match my beautiful blue dog. She's just as thrilled as I am, can't you tell? Sweet Ruby. You know she's 10 1/2 now, and with every year I get scared that it will be her last. Well, last night I found out that a friend of a friend has a blue heeler that is 17 years old and still going strong! As soon as I heard that I instantly felt better. As far as I'm concerned, this means I could conceivably have 10 more years with Rube! So glad.

Alright what else is new. Not too much really. I know I'm not blogging very much these days, so I decided to try something new. I'm going to try to start posting a Picture of the Day (P.O.T.D.) every day. If there's one creative outlet that I'm most excited about these days, its photography, hands down. Plus, I feel like it'll force me to look at the daily things in my life in a new way...see the beauty or the oddity in the things I normally don't think twice about. This will a) give me something to post about more often, and b) hopefully inspire me to be creative even when I'm in Cube Land.

And speaking of, I recently got this wonderful zine called The Artist in the Office -- a woman named Summer Pierre in Brooklyn, NY wrote it and mailed it to interested people like myself for free*! This little zine inspired me so much, and I'm sure it had something to do with my new P.O.T.D. project. I definitely recommend ordering it right away.
*Because so many people wanted a copy (and rightly so), she's charging for it now, but take my word for it - its worth the $10 she's asking.

So, without further ado, here's my first official P.O.T.D.:



Hope everyone has a great Friday night!! Check back tomorrow for another exciting P.O.T.D. :)

No comments: