Big news

I haven't posted in forever! Sorry. But seriously, I've been soooo busy. With what you ask? Buying a HOUSE! That's right, Seth and I are Homeowners!! Whoa. I'm still not sure its sunk in 100%. It was allot (ALLOT) of work getting everything done, and that's why I haven't had time to blog. But even if I had had time, I still wouldn't have because it wasn't official and if the deal fell through and I had to write a follow-up "Never mind about that house thing I wrote about yesterday" post, it would crush me. But now its official because we closed on Wednesday and I'm so. freaking. excited!! Stacy and I were talking today about how, when there's something really big to talk about, its sometimes hard to articulate how you're feeling about it in a blog. Some bloggers are so good at that (like her and her), but when I'm really worked up about something, all I can ever manage to type is "this is SO great" or "this is really cool" or "OMG this is awesome"...or I revert to my old standby/cop-out: "I can't tell you how (insert emotion - usually 'excited' or 'upset') I am about this." So I'm just going to post allot of pictures! Here goes.



This is IT (!!!)...a 1950's rancher made of stone from East Tennessee. See the glass breezeway to the left of the house? That's the walkway between the kitchen and the garage, which is not a garage anymore, but a "3rd bedroom" (according to the real estate agent) that is Seth's new band room! I'm so happy that he finally has a place to set up his drums and guitar and play music in. I'm also really happy that Ruby finally has a yard!



This yard is begging for a hammock...and horseshoe pits, and some awesome metal or concrete 50-year-old outdoor furniture.

As soon as we finished closing on Wednesday, we picked up Ruby and a pizza and headed for our new pad. Here I am opening the breezeway door for the very first time as a homeowner:



And here's the first meal we ate in our new house:



Papa John's and PBR never tasted so good.




That last picture if of the giant chocolate key that our title agent gave us after we signed our names a million times.

Overall the house is in really good condition, but of course there's tons of stuff that we want to do to it before we move in in a month -- paint all the walls, paint the kitchen cabinets & replace the hardware, and the biggie...pull up all the carpet and refinish the floors. Has anybody ever done this? The big sander machine is a little intimidating, but I know we can do it and I definitely know it'll be worth it once we're finished. As we make progress, I'll be posting all kinds of before and after pictures, and asking for suggestions too. No more recipes on this blog for awhile - for the next few months it'll be the My So-Called Decorating/Refinishing/Painting Blog.

That's all for now! I hope everyone has a great 3-day weekend (ps. Ryan and Jeannette, there's a parking garage roof in Knoxville that'll be missing you on Sunday...sack lunches won't be the same without you).

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for the two of you and I Love the House.
Rebecca

jeannieo said...

Ok so you definitely need to have before and after pictures of the inside!

I wish I could be there for boomsday. sigh. I miss you guys!

But I'm so happy about the house :)