House Renovation, Day 2

Date: September 3, 2007
Time Spent: 3.5 hours
Goal: Pull up carpet, carpet gripper, and staples from 1/2 of living room
Soundtrack: 1. Ryan Adams, Rock N Roll 2. The Very Best of Aretha Franklin (the 60's) 3. Lenny Kravitz, Mama Said

This is what the living room looked like before I started today (views from both ends of the room):




I pulled up half the carpet/foam, and the good news is that the floors in the living room are in MUCH better shape than the floors in the dining room:



I learned a few lessons after yesterday and made a trip to Home Depot to buy some things to make the job a little easier...some much-needed gloves, and THIS:



This thing made pulling up the carpet gripper much faster. And once the floors are done, I figure it can double as a weapon to have by the bed for when Seth goes out of town ;)

3 comments:

Alison said...

Your house looks adorable. I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to come see it!

j.elliot said...

one starving musician came by to wonder: why does anyone ever cover hardwoods with carpet?

j.e.

jeannieo said...

my birthday is the 19th. I really wish you guys could come up, but I understand.

The second week is proving harder than the first--I'm exhausted and it's only wednesday!