Before & After: FLOORS

I just realized that I never posted pictures of the finished floors! Here are a few close-up pictures of the floors after we pulled up the carpet, just to give you an idea of the shape they were in (click on any of the pictures to make them big):


Not the worst I've ever seen, but not good either. Now...on to the dramatic Before & After shots! ;)

Living room, before:



Living room, without carpet and after sanding:



Living room, AFTER:


Dining room, before & after:

Bedroom and guest room, after (I didn't take before pictures of these rooms):



Not too shabby, right? I'm absolutely thrilled with them. They look great, they feel great on my bare feet, and hopefully they'll even increase the value of the house for when/if we sell one day.

I've got lots more stuff to write about and pictures to post...hopefully I can get those up tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! they're beautiful.

h

Lollie Lane said...

sooo impressive.

Rewsk said...

they look so nice!!!

what colors are you going to paint the rooms? are you going to paint the trim along the bottom too?

NEDP said...

I know this was a few years ago... but I need to know:

Would you do it again?

We have an offer in on a foreclosure that has some seriously beautiful but also messed up hardwood floors. Oh and there's one area where the previous owner went all not so artsy and cut the MIDDLE of the FLOOR out with a saw and concreted rocks into the path. Yeah. Terrible.

So should I attempt it or pass? How do you feel about it years later?