Thanksgiving recap



Oh man, I love Thanksgiving. Its all about hanging out with your loved ones, lounging around the house, talking, napping, eating, and being thankful....and its all done at a slow pace with football in the background, weather that's chilly but not bitter cold yet, and sans the pressures of present-buying. So basically my point is that Thanksgiving is superior to Christmas (sorry, Al) :)
I had so much fun prepping for this big day. Well, it wasn't all fun I guess...trying to get the kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom all painted before the family got here was a little stressful. But it was so worth it. And now I can finally relax and do the rest of the rooms at a normal pace, plus I can finally start putting things on the walls.

So for the big meal, my mom did most of the cooking and I was in charge of figuring out when everything needed to go in the oven/on the stove and at what temperature, plus I did all the decorating. I looooove decorating a table for a special meal, always have. I think I get that from my Grandmother.



The buffet worked out really well, and it was fun to use leaves and berries from the yard to decorate it.

Can you spot my adorable Mom in the background? She really went above and beyond to make Thanksgiving great. There's no way it would have all come together without her.

I also found out that the shelves between the kitchen and the dining room work really well as an extra buffet when you're trying to find room for rolls, broccoli & cheese, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, corn pudding, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, stuffing, a turkey, a turk'y, gravy, pumpkin pie, and apple pie.

The turk'y was DELICIOUS, by the way!! I highly recommend it, even if you're not a vegetarian (it has 77% less fat than regular turkey). I put it in a roasting bag with a mixture of olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, & pepper and it was really tasty.



Once all the food was ready, of course I had to run around and take pictures of all of it. Seth is used to me taking pictures of food, but the rest of my family isn't and maybe they thought I was a little odd? I don't know...I definitely don't think I'm the only odd one in the family.



Leave it to my dad to stick his head in the picture :)

I guess the next big thing around the corner is Christmas, and really...its JUST around the corner. Less than a month away! Hopefully one of these days Seth and I can finally recoup from moving and refinishing the floors and painting and hosting Thanksgiving dinner so we can get the tree up. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

blog please. :)

h

betsy said...

Libby - these pictures are gorgeous! I love the table presentation and your house is amazing. Are you so stinkin' proud? You should be.

betsy said...

P.s. I have officially become obsessed with The Office. I haven't seen any of Season 4, as I've been catching up on DVD. But I'm a little glad for the writer's strike - otherwise I'd be tempted to watch out of order.

Annnyway, I feel that supporters of The Office are almost always likewise supporters of Project Runway. I could watch that show just to hear Heidi Klum say "booty."