Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...

...I never want to take you down.

I also never want to take down the stockings, the mistletoe, the plastic candle lights in the windows, the paper snowflakes in the windows, the Merry Christmas sign hanging on the drapes, the ornaments hanging from the ceiling, the wreath on the front door, the snowman, or the snowflake garland on the record player.

Sigh. The idea of having to take it all down in a few weeks is seriously depressing me. Would it be so wrong to leave my Christmas decorations up all year 'round?

Since its highly possible that I won't be posting again before Christmas, and since Seth and I aren't sending out cards this year (things have just been waaaay too hectic), let me go ahead and say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope everyone has a great holiday and a great break from work and safe travels. I'll be back to blogging next week, and hopefully that will include pictures of a newly painted bedroom! And maybe snow? It sure would be nice to have a White Christmas for a change... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm actually going to decorate this year. I think I might save my zest for next year. The traffic is god-awful and everytime I try to go ANYWHERE it's really scary and/or frusterating.

Your X-mas decorations are very cute. Yipeee. But don't leave them up all year. It will take the joy out of putting them up next year. :)

heather

Lollie Lane said...

I Love that sign. Your house looks so cozy! I agree with Heather..the decor is especially special BECAUSE it's just one month out of the year. Plus, it's so fun to get it all out because I, for one, always forget about something.

jeannieo said...

I know! this group is sooo much better than the last!

I think Kit is really talented too. I like Christian's designs, but I struggle to find anything positive with his personality--or his hair for that matter....