Finished bedroom

Well, the inevitable happened...I finally got sick. The last time I got sick was February 2007, which means I went almost a whole year without getting that thing we all get every so often -- stopped-up nose, sore throat, headache, general bad feeling. As unpleasant as its been (and impossible to shake...I've been blowing my nose for 8 days straight), I can't really complain because 1 year is the absolute longest I've ever gone in my whole life without getting sick. Usually I get sick 2 or 3 times each year, so this once per year thing is awesome and I hope its my new norm.

The only bad part about all this is I feel like I've wasted precious work-on-the-house time. There are so many projects I want to do...make curtains for the bedroom, paint the new $15 TV stand, put quarter round on all the baseboards, PUT PICTURES ON THE WALLS...and its all been on hold since pretty much Thanksgiving. I know I need to just be patient and not be in a rush to get everything done, but its hard. I'm working on adopting that attitude, I'm just not quite there yet. I did manage to get the bedroom painted, though (in between Christmas and New Year's). It took 9 hours! Here are the before and after shots:

BEFORE




AFTER





The pictures aren't great, but you get the idea. I'm just really glad to have gotten rid of one more pink room. Now I've just got the hallway and the guest room to do and our house will be pink wall free!

1 comment:

Lollie Lane said...

Looks great! And now that I see it, I agree on not putting the turquoise in there.