Evolution of a living room

Okay, I think I am finally starting to make some headway on the Giant Living Room. Never in a million years did I ever think that there would be anything difficult about having a big room, but there is! I know eventually it'll be where it needs to be, but so far I've just been banging my head against the wall trying to make what feels like a basketball court into a cozy room.

And seriously, I am NOT complaining. Really, really not. I'm just sayin'...the room has looked a little on the empty side:



I changed out the end tables and put something on the wall above the couch, and that helped, but not all that much.



Then I decided that adding a rug would solve everything and instantly make the room cozy, so I put the rug that my aunt gave us in the room.



It definitely made the seating area more defined, but it also made the coffee table stick out like a sore thumb so I had to add "find a replacement coffee table for cheap" to my constantly growing to-do list. The next day, Stacy told me about one that she had seen at a local thrift store and I went there and snatched it up for 20 bucks (thanks again, Stacy!). Switching it out with the old one made allll the difference.



I was going to paint the coffee table, but now I don't know...I kinda like it the way it is. What do you think?



If I do end up painting, I think I would only paint the base and leave the top as is. If I do that, what color do you think would be good for the legs? Green (similar to the drapes)? Red? Yellow? Something neutral? I just don't know, and maybe that's a sign that they shouldn't be painted at all. By the way, Ruby is loving the new rug. Isn't she cute posing on it?

Another new addition to the living room is a chair for the music/dvd corner:

Its the perfect chair to sit in to read or talk on the phone or listen to music.

I've got a lot more projects/new developments in the works that I'm really excited about, but I think this is enough for one post. I'll write more about those things hopefully this weekend.

5 comments:

Norma said...

I love the table! The little details make such a difference, and yeah, I'm not sure I'd paint it either.

I'm trying to hold off on painting furniture until I'm set on all my furniture pieces. I'd hate to paint something black only to realize I want it in bright orange later down the road.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to come visit!

h

jeannieo said...

Seeing it with the other furniture, I say keep the table as is for now. And I love the new chair!

Alison said...

Don't paint it! You got rid of the other one because it stuck out. Painting it will make this one stick out too. I like it the way it is.

Anonymous said...

hi! post more! more pictures! :) by the way, i deleted my blog. it was boring and i never wrote in it. so i guess you'll have to take me off your "pal" list. talk to you soon!

heath