HOME

Well, here it is, the exciting news I promised yesterday....

The May 2008 issue of HOME Magazine came out! And...um....our kitchen is on page 44!!! This is all really weird and exciting and I honestly can't believe it actually happened. I haven't written about it before now because I was scared it would end up falling through for some reason...you just never know, ya know? But its out there on the shelves now so here's the scoop!

About 4 months ago, the writer of day-lab's DIY blog asked for people to send her before & after shots of their do-it-yourself projects. I sent in pictures of our kitchen cabinets and she wrote a blog post about it. Well, about a month later, an editor from HOME contacted me and asked if they could put something in their magazine about the cabinets, and of course I said yes! But still, a tiny bit skeptical. Next thing I know, a photographer from Atlanta and 2 stylists are at our house at 8:30am, adding vases, cutting fruit, switching out rugs, and basically making everything look 10x better than it actually does in real life.

talk about camera envy...


...and rug envy

6 hours later, they put everything right back where it was when they got here and left (and unfortunately took the awesome orange rug with them), and that was it...all I knew from that point was to keep my eye out for the May issue of HOME.

Well, May is about a week away, but yesterday I went to Kroger to check for it (okay, I've been secretly checking for it for over a week now, haha), and there it was!



I still can't believe it, and I'm just really excited about the whole thing and appreciative that HOME wanted to put our kitchen in their magazine in the first place. If you get a chance, go pick up a copy! I got mine at Kroger, so I think they're pretty easy to find.

:)

8 comments:

bboT said...

what?! that's so cool!!! those pictures look great. The Beastmaster appeared in a Home Magazine before he made it in a Rolling Stone magazine. who would've thunk it..... ;-)

Ms. X said...

I am sooo jealous!!
Wow!

Lollie Lane said...

AWESOME!

renee said...

oh wow, congrats! i don't know how i ever found your blog, but often come back to look at your kitchen shots for inspiration. keep up the great work!

allison said...

you're famous! that's so exciting... i have to go find this magazine soon. congats!

jeannieo said...

I got the magazine today at CVS and I've been showing it to all my friends :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say again...SO COOL! Where is the rug from?

--Lanski

Norma said...

I picked up my copy on Friday and am telling everyone. I hope to post a link to your blog and do a little entry about it soon. :) How exciting! And I was talking to mom about it and mentioned how they did a little staging and she said, "I *always* thought they did that, but wasn't sure!" so thanks! You helped answer one of my mom's life long questions!