Fleurs



On Wednesday I went to the trial gardens just down the road for my lunch break, and it was amazing. I only got to see about half of what's there during my one hour...that place is huge! And I got lots of ideas of plants that would potentially look good planted around our house. For example - I like the idea of this tree and this plant near each other:




I just love bright spring green coupled with the purplish/red color.



This ones great too...its soft and beachy and it blows a lot in the wind.



I don't have a green thumb at all, and I've never thought twice about plants or landscaping or anything like that. But then when I saw all the different colors, textures, and shapes of all the plants, I was immediately interested and inspired.



How could you not be! I never know what to do on my lunch breaks anyway, so my new plan is to start going to the gardens every day and taking pictures, drawing, and just getting re-energized for the rest of the day.



This is a 3 day weekend for me - YAY! I'm going to try to take advantage of it and get some projects done. I'll probably paint the hallway, and maybe some other smaller projects too.
Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers, and great pics you took! We recently planted a bunch in our yard, and it makes such a difference. I sat outside while the girls were napping/resting today and it was so nice just basking in the sun, enjoying the flowers, and reading a novel.

Love you so much, sis!!
--Lansky