Deliciousness & The Fruit

I just discovered a new and delicious vegetarian treat, and I gotta share. Its from Quorn (the same company that made Seth's turk'y last thanksgiving), and its so freaking good -- Goat Cheese and Cranberry Chik'n Cutlets.



Oh man, these things are SO good. And really, anything involving goat cheese is pretty much an automatic winner in my book. I highly recommend them!

One other thing I forgot to mention yesterday about our "LA" trip - Seth and I had to board Ruby at the kennel for the first time ever while we were gone. I'll be the first to admit that I reacted pretty dramatically to the whole thing, but it really was hard for me to do. She hasn't been in a cage at a strange place with other dogs since I adopted her 9 1/2 years ago, and I was just so scared that she felt like we were abandoning her for good (plus I'm sure it was extra scary for her since she's blind). I cried in the car as we drove away, and I thought about her the whole time we were gone. It was especially hard when we got home on Sunday but couldn't pick her up until Monday morning...I didn't like being in the house without her one bit. It felt so empty!



Well, as you might have guessed, she survived the kennel with flying colors. When Seth and I were waiting for her at the end up this long hallway, we felt like we were at the end of an airport terminal, waiting to see her turn the corner :) She was SO excited to see us...she hopped around and licked and panted. And she STANK. When we got to the house, she raced right to her bowls and lapped up water like crazy. I don't know if I've ever seen her so excited!

She's been bathed since, and we've been giving her lots of love. She suuuure is glad to be home, can't you tell?



:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your Ruby is home safe and sound, and that she did well at the kennel!! I've been thinking about her and meaning to email you to see how she did.

--Loufer

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would have cried too! I was sad when I left my dog with a friend and I called everyday I was gone to see how he was doing. Glad your Ruby is back home with you two!