Sigh of relief

Well, I just wrapped up the busiest work week of my entire year! Fiscal year end stuff...nothing exciting enough to talk about here. Let's just say that it was intense and stressful and I'm just glad I made it through. Tonight I've got a great reward for such a tough week, but I'll write more about that after the fact.

In the meantime, I finally took some pictures of the hallway that I painted orange about a month ago. Here it is looking from the living room into the hallway, with some of the green bathroom in there too:



Its pretty hard to get a picture of the hallway, but this shot shows the tiny strip of orange wall in between the green of the bathroom and the purply-taupe of the bedroom:



Gah, I love color so much. I still haven't picked one for the den yet, but once I do and get it painted, I think I might be kind of sad that there won't be any more rooms to pick colors for.

One other quick project I wanted to share - I've been thinking about the built-in bookshelves for months now, and wanting to either paint the insides of them or put paper on the back wall behind them. Then this past weekend I had one of those great productive Saturdays where I got tons of little things done that I'd been meaning to do for a long time. I had 2 large sheets of paper that I ordered as a possible option for the TV stand (and never used), so I just cut them to size and put them on the back of the shelves!



It didn't take any time at all, and it would work on any kind of bookshelf (built-in or not) and with any kind of paper.



I've got one other project in the works right now, but its not as simple as this one...it involves sanding (UGH) and staining. I'm going to try to get it done this weekend, but we'll see how it goes. I've never stained anything, so I'm not sure how long it will take to dry or how many coats I'll need to do. More on that later!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I LOVE THE ORANGE. I try not to yell in comments, but if I was in your house I would say, "Ooh mai gah, it's WONDERFUL." How awesome that you follow your love of color. I'm mostly chicken, except in kids' rooms!

Anonymous said...

wow! i love love love it! when i come, we'll have to go through each room slowly so i can soak it up. your bookshelf looks great!

Anonymous said...

sorry, that comment was from heather. :)

Lollie Lane said...

The paper on the shelves really is great. Love the orange too but you knew that already.
Yes, Milk took the photo. I feel like with that cover, it would HAVE to be a country album.

Anonymous said...

Libby, your house is just looking so great! I can't wait to be there in August and see it in person!!

--Loufer

Georgie said...

Wow I love what you've done with the papaer and the shelves. Can I ask how you stuck the paper on - spray adhesive, glue....I'd love to try this in my kitchen shelves and would love to know exactly how you did it.

Cheers

Libby said...

No problem, Georgie! Since most of the paper stays in place because of the books, I just stuck the paper up with double-sided tape on the top and corners. I wanted to be able to easily remove the paper if we ever try to sell the house. I'd say double-sided tape would work on your kitchen shelves, too...you'd probably just need to use more of it than I did.

Have fun on your shelves! :)