The big cut

About 5 years ago I started growing my hair out, and since then its just been getting longer and longer...and longer. Then about a week ago I woke up and realized that I don't like it long and the only reason I was keeping it that way was for long-hair's sake. Which is so dumb! So I decided it was time to cut it off.



Yesterday was the big day and I wasn't nervous at all. Well, not until half an hour before my appointment when a wave of butterflies and nausea and nervous sweats hit. But I was also super excited and I knew it was the right thing. Stacy came with me for moral support, and she was nice enough to document the whole thing for me. Thanks, Stacy! It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you there.


Once I got in that chair, I got even more nervous, so Stacy went next door and got me a mini bottle of wine to help calm my nerves.

It totally did the trick :) After Jared cut off the top ponytails, I had to take the opportunity to have a real live mullet, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.



Eww. That's so gross but so awesome at the same time! Haha. Next, we moved on to another classic: the Rat Tail.



Classy!
I kept on drinking my wine and being sorta nervous, and before I knew it he was finished!

I love the new cut, but I'm also so excited to be able to donate 4 big ponytails to Locks of Love. Hallie, thanks for the inspiration!

I carried that hair with me all around downtown afterwards to celebrate. So glad I didn't accidentally leave it at the Brewery or something...that would have been kind of a gross surprise for our server :)



That is so much HAIR! I still can't get over it. And I can't believe that I've been lugging all that around for so long! I feel like I have a new lease on life :)


Hurray for liberating haircuts!!

10 comments:

Lollie Lane said...

I know this is, like, the 40 BILLIONth time I've said this but Holy CRAP I just love it so much. You look so bright and chic and I had so much fun too!

allison said...

oh.my.gosh. it's adorable. looks fabulous! i still think of you with short hair as a holdover from the college years.

Rewsk said...

oh my god.
i'm speechless.
now i wanna cut my hair short, hahahaha.
you look AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

i knew you'd look amazing! wow! i love how feminine it is... :) you look beautiful. congrats!

heather

Samantha said...

Libby...you REBEL you! Whoh, you look just like LINDA! Well, it looks great...less shampoo, less hair in the drain, and oh yeah...get on the scale because you must be ten pounds lighter!!! Promise me that your next cut will be a flat top! :) Lots of love ~Sami

jeannieo said...

OMG! I love it. I can't wait to see it in person later this week....

Anonymous said...

How fun to watch your transformation! I really think you should've at least kept the rat tail--LOL! So excited to see your beautiful due in one week!!!

--Loufer

Anonymous said...

p.s. i also think you look just like your mom! ... or the mom i've seen in pictures. :)

p.p.s. i also think it was super cool for your hairdresser to let you try the new "styles" before you chopped it off. now you can say you sported a mullet. lol.

h

Alison said...

Lib, you look so much like your mom - which is a COMPLETE compliment! You look beautiful and I LOVE it! I think I prefer short hair on you... your eyes look so bright and blue.

I just LOVE it!

P.S. Joey loves it too... I'm at his house right now and he thinks it looks great.

Dustan and Betsy said...

you look fabula-rama-licious libby. good job, and sis is the perfect person to have along for this kind of life-changing, soul-searing, universe-altering decision.