Transition pieces finished

As you know, when we moved into the house it was carpeted. That was the first thing to go, but what remained were the carpet gripper transition pieces between the linoleum-floored rooms into the wood-floored rooms. I covered them with layers of tape initially as a quick fix, but somehow that tape ended up being a long-term fix. I can't tell you how many times I scratched my foot on those things! Ridiculous.



About a month ago I finally ripped them up with my trusty crow bar (same tool we used to pull up the wooden carpet gripper nailed around the perimeter of every room). I bought some wood transition pieces at Home Depot and sawed them down to the correct length in the store.



Then all I had to do was sand and stain them.



Today I installed them, and voila!



No more tape and scratched feet! This has been on my to-do list for almost a year, and it feels grrrrreat to finally cross it off.

No comments: