What a perfect weekend

It was filled with all of my favorite things...

Trying out new recipes, like the lemony chickpea stir-fry below and my first crack at homemade hummus (I'm definitely using less tahini next time).

Hanging out with the Hub and my sweet baby dog Ruby on a windy Sunday afternoon...

And completing a house project that has been stumping me for a year now: the den! Here it is before, covered in pink like all the other rooms used to be.

I had the hardest time deciding on a color for this room. At one point or another, Seth and I contemplated all of the following colors: a mocha coffee color, a chocolate brown, and fuchsia. Then about a week ago it occurred to me that I had a whole gallon of the yellow that originally was going to go in the dining room. I put that on the wall (above, to the left of the window), and it just didn't seem right...too pastel or something. Seth had the genius idea to try the yellow from our last apartment (Benjamin Moore, Semolina), and it ended up being the perfect color! Here's the finished product:

Is there anything better than making a huge change in your house without spending a dime? We rearranged the furniture a bit too, and now I just love being in that room. There are still a lot of things I need to do in there (switch out the desk, paint some of the furniture, and hang pictures & drapes), but for now I'm thrilled with the improvement. There are no more pink rooms left in the house - yea!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! it looks great. and i love your hair...still! :)

heather

Anonymous said...

Goodbye pink!! I love the yellow--it makes such a difference. And love the pics of you and Ruby--so sweet! --Lan

Rewsk said...

what coffee table do you have in the living room now?

Libby said...

A lower & longer brown one that I got from a thrift store...I think it was here when you visited last time? There's a picture of it here:

http://libbygee.blogspot.com/2008/02/evolution-of-living-room.html