After months of being in denial, I finally faced the facts this weekend - the yellow in the den just wasn't working. Back in September I spent so many hours painting that room, and I didn't want to admit that I didn't love it because that meant painting again. But then my mom came to town and we found these great curtains, and when I realized that the curtains weren't going to work with the wall color, it forced me to fix the problem. Here's what the room looked like before, and trust me...the color looks a lot better in this picture than it did in real life. Most of the time it looked almost like a neon orangish-yellow, which was strange because it didn't look that way at all in our old apartment. Anyway, here it is before:
And here it is now!
This room is tricky to get a good picture of, but hopefully you get the idea. Here's a close-up of the new curtains:
They're heavy and have texture and they really make the room feel like a DEN. Finally! :) I'm so sore from painting all day, but it was worth it. I've been slacking on house projects lately because of the cold weather and it felt great to make a decision to do something and then just do it.
I hope everyone has a great week!