What a weekend, part 1

I love it when good pals come visit, and last weekend's visit from Karen and Miles was so packed that I'm splitting up the pictures into 2 posts. They live in NYC and understandably wanted to spend lots of time outside...so of course we headed to the beautiful Smoky Mountains!

We went to Look Rock first...its blows me away every time.

Then we hiked a mile up to the big tower thing in the woods to get an almost 360 degree view.

Seth said Karen and I looked like high school kids that skipped track practice :)

I love this shot...it looks like Seth is showing Miles how he can move the clouds around with his hands.

After that we got back in the car and headed to Cades Cove. We were excited to see this guy right by the road...
...until we pulled off the road a little later, went into the woods, and were surrounded by at least 6 deer. They blend in so well...can you spot one of them?

Here's one right behind Seth.

We stood in those woods for a good 15 minutes, silently watching them wander by and slurp up leaves (and get REALLY close).
They seemed like young deer and we all agreed later that it would have been pretty scary if they were bigger, grown up deer.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Libby is this on the AT?

And - ohmagah your hair is fabulous. I forgot it was short.

Libby said...

Thanks Betsy! I'm pretty sure it'll be short for the rest of my life :)

I'm not sure if this is on the AT but I guess its possible. The deer pics are from the middle of Cades Cove in the Smokies, and the lookout ones are off of Foothills Parkway.