One more den development

A few weeks ago my friend Stacy gave me an awesome headboard...it was originally brass but she painted it to look like an antique white iron bed. I had planned to put it in our bedroom, but it just didn't work with everything else in the room. So I tried it in our new guest room and it ended up being the perfect final touch to finish off the room.


It adds some interest to the bare wall behind the bed, and the shape references the shape of the mirror over the dresser on the other side of the room.


Thanks again, Stac! In other news, Ruby got her first diaper.


Its not something she'll have to wear all the time. She just gets a little too excited these days when new people come over, so I picked up a pack of doggie diapers to help with the dribbling. I think she looks adorable :) Other than that, she's doing really well these days. Seth and I were talking about what a rough year she had last year -- she went completely bald on her back from the flea allergy, she got bitten by a snake, she had a pretty traumatic experience at her 3rd annual (and final) Smokies game, and then she almost died from whatever it was that had her so sick those two weeks in July. And now its a new year and her coat is full again and she's put the weight back on that she lost...its just amazing what a tough old girl she is. As far as I'm concerned, there will never be another dog as great as my little Ruby Fruit.


I love you, Ruby!

1 comment:

jeannieo said...

She looks really healthy in her diaper picture! I hope she has a better year!