4th anniversary weekend trip



Our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up so Seth and I took off to the mountains last weekend for a little trip to celebrate. We camped at an awesome campground that I highly recommend: Turkey Creek campground in Almond, NC. The setting is beautiful and wooded and the bathrooms were the nicest I've ever seen at a campground. Our site was right next to the creek and the sound of it running by was so peaceful. It was also a nice built-in sound machine at night :)



We also drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway a little bit and stopped at a few gorgeous overlooks. It was so nice not to have an agenda, and to spend 3 whole days with my husband. Because of our different work schedules that hardly every happens, and I enjoyed every minute of it!



The mountains in NC are so unbelievable beautiful, and I can't say enough how great it was to get out of town and away from obligations, responsibilities, the telephone/tv/computer...all that stuff. I always feel strange putting on my "work costume" and doing what I do 40 hours a week, but after my weekend in nature it is feeling especially hard to put on my business casual garb and sit in the cube this week. It makes me wonder what I am really doing all this for. And it also made me want to sell everything, quit my job, and get a shack down by the river with Seth and live the simple life :)



I saved the best for last, and its actually the first thing we did: whitewater rafting down the Nantahala River. We did this 2 years ago and had so much fun, so it was great to get back and do it again. I didn't think that anything could top the pictures from the last rafting trip, but these sure do :) And by the way, they are in order of how they were taken as Seth and I each went down Nantahala Falls at the end of the trip.

Seth looked like a pro (aka. no fear) in every shot...



I, on the other hand, looked like every killer I've ever imagined was coming for me:


I just missed the giant rock and felt some relief that I survived...


...then things went downhill again.



Hahaha. Good times! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures made me laugh outloud. :)

heather

Anonymous said...

Lib, these pics are priceless, esp. your face :) ! So glad y'all got to go do this. Happy late Anniversary!! --Lou