Hmm....pasta.

I know my blog has been all over the place lately, but I gotta share this recipe for arrabbiata sauce from Casual Kitchen:

http://casualkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-make-arrabbiata-sauce.html

It is perfectly spicy and insanely easy, and if you use whole wheat pasta (I always use w.w. spaghetti with this sauce), it is completely healthy. You don't even use salt! Just like when you cook onions in olive oil on low heat for 30 minutes or so, something magical happens to this mixture of canned tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes after about 25 minutes of simmering. It is even better the next day, and since Seth and I love a lot of sauce I always double the recipe...it makes the right amount for 1 16 oz. box of pasta, plus a little extra to dip the garlic bread in :) Enjoy!

No comments: