2010: a retrospective

Lately the cold weather and dark days have been getting me down in a big way. Since I can't pick up and move to Hawaii for the next 3 months, I've been exploring the options out there to make myself feel better but I can't decide on what to do yet (leaning towards this). In the meantime, I thought I'd think about 2010 and reflect on some of the positive things about the year.

I can't say that there were any big milestones...no graduations, marriages or moves. But it was a good year! I made a concerted effort to get out of my comfort zone (and out of my frugal zone) and traveled a bunch. I also started feeling more comfortable in my own skin than I ever have in my life.I know a big reason for that is age...the older I get the less I care what other people will think of me, and I am so thankful for that. It is liberating! I've always said that I can't wait to be an old lady so I can do what I want and not worry if everyone around me thinks its crazy, but lately I've been thinking, "why wait until I'm old to start?!" :) I got the vintage caftan I've always wanted and I've been having so much fun strolling around the house with a cocktail pretending I'm Endora from Bewitched.


















And finally, I learned to love 3 things that I always hated:

1. Hot tea, which I love to drink at night after dinner to curb the urge to snack. I even picked up a tea kettle at Marshall's to make it really official that I'm a tea drinker now.















2. Hot sauce, which makes my kale, cannellini bean & brown rice hippie bowls so much more exciting to my taste buds.



















3. Whiskey. I don't know what happened, but I love the taste now and how it warms me up on a cold night. Plus it makes me feel like a bad ass, haha. And I can make hot toddy's now! Next time you're sick whip one up...you won't be sorry.



















So I'd say all those things made for a pretty good year indeed :) I doubt I'll blog again until after the holidays, so I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year!!

2 comments:

Mamabelle said...

WOW, that dress is so awesome! If I wore that out, my friends would just roll their eyes.

Libby said...

my friends roll their eyes and i only wear it around the house :) but i don't care!