sounds in the night

Last night I thought there was a stranger in the house. First I heard someone in our bedroom, then I heard someone in the hallway. I was too scared (and too cold) to get out of bed to check, so I went back to sleep. This morning I checked all the rooms and found no signs that a killer had been in the house, so I figured I was losing my mind...great way to start the day, I know. Then I saw a note Seth left me about the roads being icy so I looked outside and realized what the noises had been.


















Pretty much every limb on the west side of this tree is on the ground, and our view from the bathroom is now very different (those limbs hung really low and completely blocked the view into any other yard).























Seth and his chainshaw have a lot of work ahead of them, but all in all I feel really fortunate. Our roof appears to be intact, the giant tree in the middle of the yard didn't fall and crush our house and the electricity and heat are still on. But most of all, I'm just thankful that the sounds I heard last night were branches braking and not the sound of me losing my mind :)



No comments: