kitchen floor development

photo: Modularity Tiles

I'm so excited because I think I might have finally found a solution to the kitchen floor redo and it doesn't involve asbestos removal or thousands of dollars - yea! A company called Modularity Tiles has modern tiles in all sorts of colors that you can stick right on top of your existing floor! And they look way better than the peel and stick tiles you can get at Home Depot. I figured it up online and it would cost around $250 to do basic checkerboard tiles in our small kitchen. If I want to get fancy and use some of the circle or square cut tiles it would be a little more expensive, but I still might be able to do that since I won't have to pay anyone to professionally install it. And speaking of, installation looks really easy, plus if something happens to a tile down the road, I can just pry it up and replace it (sort of like Flor carpet tiles).

I know I've got hours of playing around with all the possible tile configurations ahead of me, but I put together a few ideas for now in the super awesome Modulizer tool they've got on their website (assuming I don't got w/black & white, which I still might):




What do you think? Do any of these designs jump out to you or should I stick with basic b&w checkerboard tiles? Here's a fairly recent pic of the kitchen if you need a refresher.

5 comments:

Lollie Lane said...

I really like the top two. I like the look of the orange but, I think it's too much for the space.. Awesome!

Julia said...

Its nice that your trim is white, it gives you more options! what does the bottom right one look like with yellow instead of orange? I like the photo a lot!

Sarah said...

Very cool. You did a nice job configuing all of them. Decisions-decisions... =) Thanks for sharing!

Traditional Kitchens said...

A wide range of floors you can choose from, i personally would have any, they are all so good :D

scarlet reynolds said...

I happened to come across your blog while searching for Commercial carpet and your topic caught my attention. Anyway, this is one of the brilliant ideas when it comes to flooring.