the front door

This morning I saw this blog post and all of a sudden I wondered - why has it never occurred to me to paint the front door?! That front entryway nook has absolutely no color in it...just the gold mirror and a brown and white print in a black frame on the wall opposite the door. Of course I wouldn't paint the outside of the door...just the side that shows in the room. My first thought is to do it in a more muted version of the built-in bookshelf color. Thoughts? I just feel like painting the door might be a great opportunity to bring some life to that part of the room since its not really big enough to put much of anything else.


Oh, and excuse the dark picture. Its early so the light in the house isn't great yet, plus I normally take pictures with the door open to make the room look better.

No comments: