Thanksgiving 2011

This year Seth and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house and it was so much fun! We had green bean almondine, whole wheat couscous with cranberries and pecans, and wine...


...deviled eggs, Parmesan crusted butternut squash, roasted broccoli with pine nuts, turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes...


...and of course a fake turkey for me and Seth (a Quorn Turk'y roasted in the oven with olive oil, sage, and s&p).

My sister Lana was a huge help in the kitchen, as was my sweet mom.

I was in the kitchen cooking from 9:30am until 2:30pm, and I loved every minute of it.


I love Christmas, but I might just have to pick Thanksgiving as my favorite holiday. Its just hard to beat a full day of cooking, eating, being together, and remembering all the people I have in my life to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Julia said...

happy thanksgiving to you! looks so fun (i still love your cabinets..)

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Thanks for stopping by a creative day, it let me find you and stalk your blog, ha!

Your thanksgiving dinner looks YUM. and I love your kitchen :-)

eileen
www.acreativedayblog.com