need advice

So I recently redid my bedroom, but before I post pics here I want it to be completely finished. The last 2 things I need are lamps and some wall art. One of the biggest components of the new room is a bed...our first brand new furniture purchase. It was scary! And it cost a lot more than the vintage/Goodwill stuff I normally buy. It was so worth it though...it is a solid piece and we will probably be sleeping on it for the rest of our lives. Anyway, the point of all that is I don't want to spend a lot of money finishing up the room, so I'm going to DIY some hanging lamps.

This is where you come in. I found 2 tutorials for hanging lamps and I want to know which one you like better. Or more specifically, which one you think has the better chance of not looking janky in my fabulous new room :)

This one made from cupcake papers (found here):

And this one made from hemp string (found here):

I appreciate the help! And as soon as I get the lamps made and find the perfect wall art, I will have a big ole reveal on the blog :)

ps. If anyone is wondering if I've started my dog painting business yet, the answer is no. I will start it though! I just haven't been able to decide on the perfect name yet, and you know...life got in the way. I was feeling guilty about announcing it and then not jumping on the ball right away, but then I decided to let that go and start the biz in my own time and in my own way. I've always been so bad about putting pressure on myself and carrying around guilt when I don't live up to that pressure, and I'm trying to break that habit. I am only human after all, and all I can do is try to get through each day the best that I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Hemp string ones the best. : )
Rebecca

Julia said...

my vote's for the hemp. the cupcake one makes me think fire hazard

myrtle said...

Great! love it.

NEDP said...

I made a light out of disposable cutting boards that turned out really cool. I didn't have a blog post about it so I just threw one together for you, just excuse the bad grammar until I can get a chance to fix it.

http://dairyfreecakewalk.blogspot.com/2012/05/lamp.html